While there are many commercially available dog foods available today, many dog owners still prefer making their own homemade dog food. Your pup can benefit from homemade meals because you can control what they eat.
It is possible to customize recipes for dogs of different sizes, breeds, and activity levels, as well as address dietary restrictions or unique medical concerns. If you want to avoid taking a chance on your dried kibble containing good ingredients, read the ingredient list before you buy it.
Before making your own Dog food you need you look at those 3 things
A dog’s main nutrient is protein. Protein is essential for dogs’ muscles and organs. A diet that’s 18 percent protein is usually very good for adult dogs.
Nevertheless, puppies still need to grow up before they can be fed homemade dog food. A meal should contain at least 25 percent protein. The science isn’t exact. Depending on the dog’s age and activity level, its biological needs will change.
The health of your dog must be kept in mind, and you must make adjustments as necessary. Talk to your vet if you want to get a better idea of how much food your pooch needs.
The importance of fiber for good digestive health. Although fiber does not provide energy to dogs, it is beneficial in other ways. Maintaining your dog’s regularity, preventing constipation, and preventing excessive weight gain are all possible with a healthy dose of fiber.
There are many different ingredients that contain fiber, which is great. Fruits and vegetables provide the majority of fiber.
They also incorporate vitamins and minerals to ensure that the diet is fiber-rich. A recipe should contain less than 10 percent fiber.
The main energy source of your dog is carbohydrates. Dogs use these carbohydrates to make energy by absorbing them through their gastrointestinal tract. A dog’s carb intake can be difficult to determine.
It is nonetheless recommended to provide carbohydrates as much as possible, according to all veterinarians. Carbohydrates come in two types. Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. The body absorbs simple carbohydrates quickly, so avoid them. Ultimately, this will lead to an energy spike and a crash.
Here idea of making your own dog food
Making chicken food strips at home is a great alternative. A healthier alternative, this grain-free recipe is easy to make and very tasty. They can be stored in the fridge for up to two weeks if they are stored in an airtight container
What You need
- Two to four boneless,, 3-ounce skinless chicken breasts
You need to do
- A high temperature of 200 degrees
- Chicken breasts should be trimmed of all additional fat.
- Use a paring knife to cut 1/8 inch thick strips.
- Bake the strips on a baking sheet for 2 hours until hard and dry.
- Make sure you let your pooch completely cool before serving.
How much Nutrition do you make?
- Calories: 35
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: >1g
- Carbs: 0 g
- Minerals & Vitamins: Vitamin D, Potassium
Veterinary Clinic Recipe
There are a number of ingredients you can substitute on hand. Using deboned fish and standard potatoes as your main protein and carb sources, for example, will work.
Adding calcium or bonemeal pattern to this food will help your dog’s bones remain healthy.
What You need?
- Cooked 1/4 pound of skinless chicken
- Cooked brown rice, 1 cup
- Cooked brown rice, 1 cup
- Vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon
- Potassium chloride, 1/4 teaspoon
What You need to do?
Mix the various ingredients once the chicken and rice have cooled down. The recipe is proportioned to feed a dog of 20 pounds. It is possible to adjust the amount of ingredients,
Healthy Dog Food Recipe
Simple and balanced, this recipe is easy to prepare. Ground turkey is the main protein source. There are many benefits for your dog in eating carrots, zucchini, and spinach. In addition to providing vitamins and minerals, oats are high in fiber as well.
What do you need?
- Brown rice, 1 & 1/2 cups
- Olive oil, 1 tablespoon
- Ground turkey 3 pounds
- Chunky baby spinach, 3 cups
- Shredded carrots, 2
- Shredded zucchini 1
- Peas — 1/2 cup
What You need to do?
- You’ll need to prepare brown rice first before you can make this dog food.
- Using a rice cooker or a stove, cook it according to the package’s instructions. When it’s done, let it cool.
- On medium heat, warm the olive oil in a large stockpot.
- Brown the ground turkey in the pan. Takes between three and five minutes.
- When the turkey is cooking, crumble it into small pieces.
- To the ground turkey, add the vegetables, rice, and seasonings. Add another 3 to 5 minutes of cooking to this mixture.
- When the leafy spinach has wilted, Let the pot cool completely before serving it to your dog.